Monday, September 16, 2013

LATHER UP


This is a short blog that I forgot to post on Friday. It’s a reminder for you to take care of yourself and to treat yourself as you would others. Don’t save all your bests just for your guests.


This morning as I was searching for the news on the flooding in Boulder, CO, I stopped on the TODAY Show. They were unwrapping the latest fashions in, toilet paper. Yep! That’s right, toilet paper. The paper came from Japan, and had delicate drawings of flowers and such painted on each ply. I don’t even know what the going price of such an amenity cost. They just implied it was expensive. (I bet you could find it at Marshalls or TJ Maxx soon.)

What really caught my attention was the commentary between Natalie Morales and Al Roker. After they talked about the newest product, Al suggested, “Natalie, gift the rolls to her father-in-law. (Whom was visiting.)” Natalie then replied, “Yes! These would be perfect for guests.”

I understand putting out your best amenities for your houseguests. I love putting together goodies, fine soaps, flowers and such for my friends and family when they visit. I want them to feel welcomed, comfortable and loved. I just wonder if we are treating ourselves with such respect. The women in my family are good at this. They know how to pamper themselves and I love using their shower or tub when I visit them. I’m getting better at collecting luxuries for myself and so should you.

Are the comforts of your home, worthy of you? Are your everyday towels, plush? Do you use fancy soap or your husband’s Irish Spring? Is your shower filled with foot scrubs, facial cleaners and does your shampoo cost more than $0.79? I believe your bathroom should be your personal spa. Light some candles and lather up!

P.S. This goes for the men too. There’s nothing more attractive than a good smelling man. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment